Moving Checklist for London Removal Purposes
Moving out and arranging the interior of a new home or office can be a bit hasty and stressful as there are too many things to take care of like van rental and making of check list, and the time for other activities is too short. The preparations for moving out should begin well in advance of the day of weight lifting as you want to give yourself enough time and chance to make sure that everything is done properly.
- The first thing you should do is let everyone know you are moving. For example, the act of moving out concerns banks and financial institutions, insurances companies, doctors, dentists etc. All these organisations should be informed of your moving and should be notified of your new residential address as this may spare you quite a lot of headaches.
- One other thing you need to do is cancel your local newspaper or magazines delivery before you call the house movers.
- Next step of the preparation process is to determine what to take along and what to leave behind. Usually there is always a certain amount of unnecessary items which people tend to take with them, if you don’t want to have additional burden in the form of old rubbish relocated, take a stroll through the house and make a list of the items and belongings you don’t need to take with you. If the unwanted items have some sort of material value, you can organise a garage or yard sale and make some money. Eventually, you will manage to get rid of these old items. Some clutter can be donated to charities. Don’t forget to use up expendable foods stored in the fridge and the pantry.
- You also need to make a list of the items you do want moved – especially if they are large appliances or bulky furniture.
- If you will be doing your own packing, purchase or order the packing supplies, this could be done through the moving company as well. Make sure you have more than enough packing materials.
- When making your removal service booking, do so well in advance as weekend or end of month customer requests are problematic to accommodate due to the high demand usually seen around this time.
- Start packing your belongings at least a week before the actual removal, place labels and theme the contents of the boxes. It would be a good idea to use a colour code system for each room of the house. If there are important items to be unpacked straight after the relocation, mark such boxes with an open first label and keep them on top of other items you are moving.
- Before you proceed with home removals in London, collect your personal records from your M.D and dentist.